August is over… Where, oh where, did the summer go????
- I set the trap for a couple more weekends and haven’t had any takers, so I think that any raccoons that have been visiting me are gone. For now anyway.
- Doctors can be very testy when you haven’t gone to see them for a while.
- Tetanus shots hurt just as much as I remember. I just don’t remember them making me feel sick before.
- After much blood, sweat and tears (literally), I finally have my tractor fixed. And I got it done for under $50 – which is a far cry from the $150 the shop wanted to charge me just to get the tractor to the garage. You have no idea how relieved I am that it’s done and I feel as though a lot of stress has been lifted off my shoulders. I have the property cleaned up and now I can work on some other projects.
- I forgot how much bee stings hurt. And itch.
- I’m happy to say that the Guineas are still around and the babies are getting big! It was funny watching them actually jump to reach branches over their head. I don’t know what it was they were eating, but they wanted them pretty badly
- I was very excited to find a way to put the stuff on my DVR onto a DVD.
- I’ve become addicted to vanilla malted milkshakes.
- I hate whoever makes the decisions of what goes on TV. A good show like Eureka is cancelled, but they put on crap like Whisker Wars. Bah.
- In the world of yard care, Weed B Gon and Spectracide Weed and Grass Killer are the best products on the market. I couldn’t believe what a good job the Weed B Gon did on my very neglected lawn. And the Spectracide works leaps and bounds better than Roundup.
Out of all the things I wanted to accomplish this Labor Day weekend, I didn’t get very many done. I am so lazy.