Sunday, December 16, 2007

What Storm?

This past week at work was very frustrating. Here it is Sunday night, and I'm still not de-stressed (un-stressed?) yet. I am really not looking forward to going in tomorrow morning. I was hoping that the big snow storm we were supposed to get would have given me another day of reprieve so I could further de-stress (non-stress?)... but it doesn't look like I'll be that lucky.

The way the news was hyping up this storm we were supposed to get today, I thought that I was going to be spending my day keeping my house from getting buried. The Weather Channel was calling it a "Monster Storm Watch". Puh-leeze. I may have gotten seven inches of snow. Big deal. It was windy tho'. I was happy to get back in the house after clearing the driveway. Which begs the question: Why does the snowplow guy wait to come down the street just after you get done with the driveway and you're back in the house? You think that is a rhetorical question that someone made up to be funny. Well it's not made up and it's not funny. And I'm not cleaning it up until tomorrow. So there.

Because I was planning on being snowed in today, I was ready to stay put. I enjoyed a pretty relaxing day, notwithstanding the thought of work nagging the back of my brain. I didn't do some of the things that I should have, but I still got some good stuff done.

I saw some great news today: The new season of Jericho is coming out February 12th. Wahoo!!! It's still a long way off, but at least I know it's coming. I can't wait.

I'm watching the Survivor finale now. The one thing I don't like about the finale shows is the whole "let's-honor-the-past-players" thing. That is one of the most boring parts of the whole season. I also didn't care for some of the new effects they tried this season either - especially that whole stop-motion thing they were using during some of the competitions. Thank goodness they didn't over-do it with that stuff.

As for the end - I'm rooting for Todd, but I wouldn't be sad if Amanda won. I think they both played good, but I think that Todd worked harder at it. I can't believe that Courtney made it to the final four. Being so skinny, I thought that she would have withered away weeks ago. I can't get over how anorexic she looks. Yuk.

I've also noticed lately that CBS likes to use OK Go when promoting new shows. I love OK Go. Good choice CBS :D

Puttering around the house today, I was thinking about the subject of meeting new people. Over the past month or so, I've had the opportunity to meet quite a few new people. I've also had the chance to introduce people to each other. I find it very interesting to see how differently people engage when meeting new people. Out of all the new people I've met lately, I've only observed one person that comes close to the way I react when meeting someone new. It kind of makes me wonder if my approach isn't right. But then again maybe not - I've gotten to know some pretty amazing people.

No comments: