Sunday, October 12, 2008

Business

Old business and new business today :)

The Big Chicken Move happened Friday night. Eight of the chickens made the move to my sister's house. From what I've been told, everything is going well. The bad news is, I ended up giving my sister and brother-in-law my only layer. I gave them six babies, Mr. Rooster and The Bantam. I thought that the egg-a-day I was getting was from Gray Chicken, which is why I kept her. Lo and behold, Jill isn't getting any more eggs; Jill's sister is now getting an-egg-a-day :( Hopefully next summer I'll have all layers ~crossed fingers here~

I also wanted to post some pictures to back up my adopted chicken theory:


Mama Chicken






Bantam Chicken






Baby Chicken


You decide :)

Randy and I made giant leaps today on the heating project (Thanx again Randy!). No more forced-air heat for this house - radiant floor heat is what we'll have here when it's done. It was a very satisfying work day, especially in the fact that parts of the project I was really afraid of worked out/will work out better than I could have hoped. I'm very excited to keep moving on this project.

And I've had the chance to play around with my new GPS. I have to say that I am very surprised by the fact that even tho' it is the same make as my old GPS, the menus and display screens are really different - It is going to take me a while to get used to the new setup. It definitely picks up satellites a whole lot quicker, that's for sure and it downloads waypoints in the blink of an eye - both pluses. The real test is when I go out for a full day of caching - we'll see how many smilies I will log.

Stay tuned :)

No comments: