Monday, June 20, 2011

Babies!

The robin’s nest that is in my stairway to my basement finally has had some action.  This nest is way better than the one in my outbuilding… this one is almost at eye level, so I can see up close and personal what’s going on.  Of course I wait until Mommy and Daddy Robin aren’t around when I peek, so I don’t stress them out  rolleyes

So yesterday, I glanced in the next on my way to the basement to make sure the eggs were still there and instead of three eggs, there was two eggs and a teeny tiny squirming little pink thing – one of the eggs had hatched!  Today I saw that all three eggs hatched - the babies are soooo teeny.

Here is a picture of two baby robins that are only a couple of hours old…one is kind of sitting on the other and you can see the third egg in the back.

Two babies!

 

And then here you can see one looking for something to eat - it was hard to get a picture of all three with their mouths open at the same time… I didn’t want to hang around too long and upset Mom and Dad.

Feed me!

I’m going to have to come up with names for them…  Any ideas?

No comments: