Sunday, June 22, 2008

Purging

In a quest to create more room/living space and become more organized, I am in the process of cleaning out a lot of the things that I don't really use or need. It is amazing how much stuff a person can collect over the years - and I really don't consider myself a packrat. I guess I am more of one than I thought.

While it is fun looking at old things I haven't looked at in five years, it makes me wonder why I kept them if I wasn't going to use or look at them. Maybe just for the fact that it would be fun to look at after years of not seeing them? I'm not sure, but a lot of stuff is hitting the recycle bin and the donation boxes. I just know that once some things are gone for good, I will have thought of a great use for them :)

In my effort to leave no stone unturned, I came across a small time capsule that I put together in February of 2000 - February 17th, to be exact. I marked it not to be opened until February of 2010. I had forgotten about it until I found it... I only remember one of the items in there. I guess I'll have to wait almost two more years to see what else is in there!

No comments: