Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote

I was number 532 when I went to vote today. I went after work and was so happy when I saw that my district had the shortest line out of them all at my polling place. Too bad the couple of people in front of me had no clue as to who they were going to vote for. Why don't people do their research at home instead of in the voting booth? I think every other line cleared through at least once before I got to vote.

I've decided to get a flu shot this year.

Years ago, I used to get sick every October and stayed that way until April. Congestion, coughing - just total misery. After a bunch of years of going through that, I finally went to see my doctor. She recommended that I get a flu shot. The following year I did and I didn't get sick. It was great. I continued to get a flu shot every year after that. Every year that is, until they had the flu shot shortage. After that, my doctor didn't give them at her office. I refuse to stand in line at the supermarket for a flu shot, so I haven't gotten once since. It's been OK tho' - I haven't been sick until last year. I had a bad cough for a couple of weeks. I don't want to go through being sick like I used to, so I figure that I'm due for a booster shot. We have the opportunity to get them at work for free on Thursday, so I'm going to go for it.

I hate shots.

No comments: