Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Collapse

As much as I wish things were going better, as this story tells, things could be a lot worse.

I feel so bad for this family. I used to live on Tonawanda Creek Road and I am glad I don't any more.

I didn't live very far away from the spot that collapsed in 2004, except I was on the other side of the creek.

I hope that insurance covers everything the family needs to have life get back to normal for them.

I wonder what the neighbors are thinking. I'd be worried.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Insurance? Why do we have it? They declined to cover it under a "natural disaster" provision:

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/northernsuburbs/story/648615.html

I have a cousin on the Pendleton side (not sure if it's on the creek side though) and an aunt on Clarence side, but across the street.

It's been falling in for ever, as I recall. So insurance should cover it, not being completely out of the blue, in my opinion.

Jill said...

Wow. That news makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. I have no idea what I would do if I was in that situation. You can't sell the house. You can't live in it. If you don't pay the mortgage, your credit will be ruined and you can't get another house. It's like they are stuck between a rock and a hard place - what can they do?

I hate insurance companies.