Friday, April 3, 2009

Facelift

Things have been such a mess for me lately, I need to change things up a bit for myself. One of the things I wanted to do is freshen up my blog.

I looked at what seems like millions of templates to find one that I liked and worked right. I still have some things I want to tweak, but for the most part I'm happy with what I ended up with.

I learned that Firefox is way smarter at making a layout look good than IE is.

One thing that perplexes me - and it always has - are the links that a lot of templates have to navigate you to newer and older posts. Why is it always like this:

click for newer post <--- you are here ---> click for older post

When this makes much more sense:

click for older post <--- you are here ---> click for newer post

I don't get it... we read from the left, with new information to be read at the right. It just always feels wrong to click on the right to go to an older place. I've seen this in a couple other places too. I really don't get it.

This template doesn't have that feature - I guess the archive list is supposed to substitute, but that's fine with me... I like everything else!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I can comment! The other one looked nice too, but this one is more functional :)

Jill said...

I think the other template was prettier, but as you taught me - looks aren't everything :)

I like that I have more flexibility with this one - I have some ideas I want to try in the future... I hope they work!