Sunday, July 5, 2009

Learned

Things I've Learned This Weekend:

- My chickens are more than happy to share their food with every bird in the neighborhood. I can't wait until they are on the adult/layer food, which come as pellets. Pellet food doesn't seem to appeal to most wild birds. The chick foods only come in a crumble form - which seems to be the favorite of birds everywhere.

- My favorite tools always seem to have a very short lifespan, whereas the tools I am not so fond of seem to go on forever.

- Really big 4th of July fires are a lot of fun

That's my sister next to the fire to give it scale. It was really hot, and she didn't stand there very long!


- It doesn't look like I'll be getting any pears this year.

- A root beer float makes me feel better when things aren't going right.

No comments: