Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tortured

As I've mentioned before, I loathe shopping. The only exception is Home Depot - I could happily spend hours there - I just wish my bank account would allow it. Otherwise shopping is a tedious task that I only do when absolutely necessary. Today I suffered not only through ordinary shopping - I was tortured with clothes shopping. Shopping for a dress to be exact. And on a Saturday. How much can a person be asked to endure?

For a bit of background, I don't wear dresses. I don't own a dress. And honestly, even though I am sure I have since, my last real recollection of wearing a dress was twenty years ago. Next week however, I going to become the Godmother to my niece and my sister said I have to wear a dress. I am thrilled to pieces to be a Godmother, so I was happy (happy being a relative term!) to go dress shopping. And it's my fault for going on a Saturday - I procrastinated way too long :(

I found something acceptable - I'm not totally in love with it, but it will work fine and was within my budget (actually under budget!). I have to get shoes yet, but shoe shopping isn't quite as horrible as clothes shopping. If there was a shopping scale with 1 being the worst thing in the world to shop for and 10 being the best thing in the world to shop for, clothes would be about a -5. Shoes rank at about a 2.



The new Big Brother season started this week. My first impressions:

- Ronnie won't be lasting long

- Chima is like nails on a chalkboard to me

- I like Casey - I hope he sticks around

- Natalie is going to get caught lying really quick

- What the heck was Julie wearing???? Ugh.



If you fly a lot or just periodically, you will like this post from Dave. I totally empathize - I've seen exactly what they are talking about. Make sure you watch the video - it is soooooo well done!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I think most of my clothes are in serious need pf replacement but I never see anything I like. I too dislike clothes shopping since I get stressed at the image in the mirror and the sizes are all wrong. I also reject dressing like my mother!