Friday, January 15, 2010

Add-Ons

I use Firefox for my browser - it rocks to no end.  I love that it is so customizable.  I love that it is so easy to personalize.  I love that there are so many Add-Ons that are available to choose from.  I love that they are so easy to add or remove.  I love that Firefox lets you know when there are updates.  I love that Firefox doesn’t crash very often…  Can you feel the love? 

My newest Add-On is a reader for the blogs I follow.  I used a reader years ago when I followed newsgroups, but for some reason it never occurred to me to look for a reader for blogs.  The one that I chose to use is called Brief and I could not be happier with it.  It is so nice to not have to go through all my bookmarks every time to see if there is a new post or not.   As I find more and more blogs I like, it can take a bit of time to scroll through them all – it’s so nice now that the reader does it for me!  I wish I had thought to look for this sooner  rolleyes

I have many Add-Ons, but some of my particular favorites are: Fission, IE Tab (for those few sites that don’t support anything but IE – I don’t ever have to open IE again in my life!), Personas and XMarks.

I can only say Thank you! to all the people who come up with these cool applications that help make playing and working on the internet a lot more fun…

thanx

3 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love firefox as well, but did not know about the 'reader' portion of it. I will check it out.

as far as your eggs? Gosh, I don't know how you would sell them, but there has to be a way. Perhaps a farmers market??? I just know we are not the only ones who would appreciate a farm fresh egg!!!

allthingsjennifer said...

I never even think about add-ons! Great post, made me wonder what I might be missing!

Jill said...

Thanks guys for visiting :) As for the Add-Ons... There is a *lot* of fun stuff out there to play around with! I love Firefox :)

Suz - I thought about the farmer's market thing, but there are regulations (at least around here) where the food - eggs included - have to be approved by the state food inspectors before being able to sell at one. Not to mention the permits required to sell at a public venue... I just have backyard chickens, so I wouldn't be allowed to sell my eggs at a farmer's market or be able to afford to :(