Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cabin Fever

So yesterday the cabin fever must have set in for the chickens.  Or they just decided that snow is OK to play in.  Either way, they were eager to go OUT  laughing

The pictures look grainy because they were taken through windows.  It’s hard to go outside and get pictures of what chickens do in the snow because they stop what they are doing when they see me and come looking for treats…

So here it is - this is what chickens do in the winter 

 

They congregate in the driveway  (It was funny watching cars driving by slow down to look at them)

In the driveway...

 

Deciding what to do next

 

They like exploring the path…

Walking the path

 

Blocked  :)

 

Wait for me!

 

That's all that's shoveled?

     Sorry guys – I don’t have a snowblower anymore…

 

Woot!  This is fun!

 So there you have it.  Happy chickens playing in the snow 

1 comment:

Dani H said...

I love your chickens! We used to have pidgeons and some were very similar in appearance, just smaller. I love that you shovel a path for them, too. Do we know each other on Twitter? I'm ddh77. Hope 2010 is a great year for you. Dani