Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thursday Bullets

So the holidays are over - routine will hopefully fall back into place and I will start posting more regularly…

 

  • I don’t know if it’s just the stress from the holidays or it’s just my turn, but I’m getting whatever it is that’s going around.  I hope it comes and goes quickly  crossed fingers

 

  • What is it with the guys that have the plows on the front of their trucks – why do they have to ride the center line all the time?  I always feel when one is coming from the opposite direction that I have to move over until I’m practically in the ditch or it’s going to take out the side of my truck…

 

  • What don’t guys understand about ‘No’ when you don’t want to go out with them?  If I’m not interested, I don’t want to waste my time and energy playing games.  Don’t try to pressure me – it makes me not want to go out with you even more.

 

  • As I alluded to a couple of weeks ago – I’m getting my garden catalogs already…  I am itching for spring to get here already  rolleyes   I can’t wait to get my garden growing again.

 

  • So I had the chance to work on my tractor.  I found the damaged hoses, but there was absolutely no way I could access them to get them out and replace them.  The hoses were cut by one of the fan belt pulleys that was rubbing against them. Why would anyone design an engine like that?  I managed to temporarily patch them up until the warmer weather, when it will be easier to take the radiator off to get in there and properly make the repair.  They still leak a bit, but I think (hope) that I will be able to get through the winter, barring any other disasters.

 

  • Someone did something for me that I did not need and did not want.  I (thought I) was gracious and a few days later sent over a thank you card and a some cookies.  Is it wrong for me to be aggravated that I was reprimanded for not calling that same day to say ‘thank you’?  Do me a favor and don’t try to be nice if have expectations.

 

  • If you haven’t seen this yet, they did a great job as usual… but what’s even more interesting is seeing how the clip was made – so creative!

No comments: