Tuesday, November 6, 2007

124816

So I had this morning all planned out. I got up nice and early so I would have plenty of time to accomplish everything I wanted to before going to work. Of course, I didn't take into account the fact that I didn't double check where I was supposed to go to vote. I have one place I'm supposed to go for school elections and another for general elections. For some reason, I just wasn't thinking this morning and went to the wrong building. I wanted to get to work a bit earlier today to go over some material from yesterday. Obviously I didn't get in as early as I had hoped...

My Stupid-Driver question of the day is: When there is construction going on, and there are no less than four signs warning you that lanes are closed up ahead, why do people wait until the. very. last. minute tocutinfrontofyou? Especially when there is no room for them to fit and there is miles of open road behind you? You would think all the bright orange cones all over the road and the florescent signs would clue people in that something is going on and that maybe they would try to pay attention.

And to the guy driving the red minivan: Once you are out of the construction zone, you are allowed to resume the normal speed limit.

I hit another milestone on my odometer today: 124816

I have more than a few changes going on in my life right now. I am finding it very amusing to be receiving a lot of advice from family and friends that I have handed out many times myself. On the one hand, I'd like to think that I am smart and mature enough to watch out for myself, but on the other hand it's nice to know that so many people are looking out for me.
I can't help but smile when I think about that.

No comments: