Sunday, November 25, 2007

Survivor

I survived the hectic Thanksgiving week pretty well. The things that I was stressing the most about didn't go as horrible as I imagined they could of.

Isn't it funny how you can picture something in your mind, get all worked up about it and when the time/moment actually arrives, it turns out to be not so bad? I think that politeness on the part of others had a lot to do with that, though. But regardless, I like it when reality is nicer than my imagination :) Then again, as Benjamin Franklin once said (or so I've heard): It's better to anticipate and be prepared for the worst than expect the best and be unprepared or disappointed.

I am amazed to see the number of people who have their Christmas lights up and on outside their houses already. While I don't mind Christmas music starting the day after Thanksgiving, I think that it's still too early for the Christmas lights yet. Once December hits, then it's OK. But that's just me.

I was looking at the list of Christmas shows for the month of December listed in today's TV Topics. There were a lot of the old classics, but there was also a bunch of them that I would never put on my 'must see' list for the holiday. I will pass on Shrek the Halls the COPS Ho Ho Ho special edition for sure...

No comments: