Monday, August 31, 2009

Letchworth

Yesterday was Girls' Day at Letchworth State Park - I had soooo much fun.



It rained on and off most of the day, so I was surprised at how many people were at the park - definitely a lot more than I would have expected. I haven't been there in a couple of years and it was really nice to come back. We were there pretty much all day, and I still still didn't get to see everything I wanted to.



It was too wet to really enjoy some Geocaching, but I was really happy to take my camera somewhere besides my backyard. I used to be an avid photographer - I've won prizes and have had some of my pictures published, but I haven't done any serious photography in a long time. I can see I've lost my touch and have to work hard to get a halfway decent shot - I really need to get back into practice again.



My calves are a bit sore today from the hiking, but it's a good kind of sore. I need to get back into shape too :)



The only black spot yesterday was the fact that some idiot hit my truck in the parking lot while we were out exploring. The dent is pretty big, but without seeing it happen, there's not much I can do about it. I can only hope that whoever hit me has more damage to his vehicle than there is on mine. Jerk.



We are planning on going back when the leaves start changing for autumn. I can't wait - hopefully it will be dryer then and there will be blue skies for prettier pictures!

No comments: