Monday, August 3, 2009

Upside Down

So the phone rings and my sister is on the other end...

Sister: "How's it going?"

Me: "Good. What's up?"

Sister: "Mom wants me to fix her computer."

Me: "What's wrong?"

Sister: "Everything is upside down."

I couldn't stop laughing. At one of my old jobs, we had to log off of our computer if we weren't at it. If someone caught your computer not attended and not logged off, this was the exact practical joke we would play on each other. It's funny, but a pain and got the point across. I have *no* idea how my Mom managed to rotate her screen - I can only image what random things she must have been clicking through trying to accomplish whatever it was she was trying to do. You have to understand that my Mom is a novice in the computer world. She's definitely getting better, but still has a lot to learn. Anyway, I give her credit for exploring and trying new things :)


---


People send me email asking how I'm doing. I reply giving a short synopsis of the highlights of what's going on and the usual pleasantries. I end the email asking how they are doing and what's going on with them. And then I never hear back. This happens more often than I would ever think it could.

Why do people do that?

I don't think rude is quite the right word, but it seems so one-sided. Why ask if you're not going to reciprocate?


---


Am I the last person in the world to hear about Restaurant.com? Sheesh! I learned about the site while there was an 80% off promotion going on. I got a $25 gift certificate for only $2!!! That's my kind of deal. I'm so excited about an affordable night out :)


---


In the world of chickens: Do you know how hard it is to get a good picture of a chicken? Chickens are perpetual-motion machines. They never seem to be still for a moment. And when they are, the camera isn't ready. That's the one thing I hate about digital cameras: You can't instantly snap a picture like you could with the old SLRs. I guess that's the tradeoff for the instant gratification of the picture.

Anyway, the Ladies are doing well. It's turning out that they are picky eaters, just like their owner. My sister's chickens seem to eat everything and anything. They like cherries. Not mine. They like corn. Not mine. They like raspberries. Not mine. They like apples. Not mine.

My Ladies do however love dandelion greens and clover. That makes me happy because I figure that when they start free-ranging, they will be weeding my lawn for me :) Today I found out that they do like tomatoes too. I picked my first two from my garden over the weekend, and shared some with them.


No comments: