Sunday, September 28, 2008

Reflections

Thinking over the past year since I've started this blog, I've had some pretty big things happen during that time...

I had to quit a job I had for almost twelve years, thus having to pretty much start all over in the job market. I've had two jobs since. The first I hated very much. The one I have now I like most of the time. The only problem is that it doesn't pay enough to support myself. It didn't matter when I started the job, but it does now. I'm going to have to find something else that pays better. And soon.

After a bit of a hiatus, I re-entered the dating game. I never thought that I would ever feel this way again, but I am looking forward to finding someone to spend the rest of my life with.

I have a nephew now who is as cute as a button. It's amazing how fast babies grow!

My back is well on it's way to being functional once again. I've been able to get back on track to fixing up the house. Too bad it was such a rainy summer.

I was fortunate enough to be taken on a couple of nice trips this year. I have a smaller one coming up that I am very much looking forward to.

My Dad died, but we were all lucky enough that he was revived. He's doing better than I could ever have hoped. I hope that he keeps on improving.

Looking back, it's been a very busy year with a lot of new experiences and a lot of new people. I like to think that I've grown and learned from them all. There were a lot of things I wanted to accomplish that never happened - this is going to be the year to focus on big projects and get them done!

No comments: