Monday, March 23, 2009

Pressure

OK, so am I the only person in the world that didn't know that you need a driver's license to buy Sudafed???? WTF???

My sinuses felt like Mount Redoubt was in there all day... I pretty much had all those awful symptoms they talk about in those TV commercials that sell pharmaceuticals where you don't feel sick until after you watch the ad. I don't like to take pills or medication unless I absolutely have to, so subsequently I don't have too much in my medicine cabinet. Some Nyquil, some Pepto Bismol and some ibuprofen, but that's about it. I am obviously not up-to-date on what's going on in the medicinal world.

So I decided to stop at Tops after work and pick up something to keep my head from exploding. After perusing the medicine aisle, I decided that Sudafed would be my best bet (I can't do nasal sprays - just the thought of them makes me ill). There was no Sudafed on the shelf, just hang tags that you were supposed to take to the pharmacy counter to get the stuff. Great. There were seven people in line already. I decided that it would be worth the wait to relieve the pressure in my head, so I waited in line. And waited. And waited. And waited. Just how long does it take to pick up a prescription??? It's never taken me more than 45 seconds. Finally, twenty minutes later I reach the counter. I see all the items that have hangy tags on a shelf behind the Counter Lady. Ah - relief is almost here! I exchange a pleasant greeting with Counter Lady, hand her the tag and she turns around and gets my box off the shelf. Yay - they didn't run out! "Can I see your driver's license?" she asks me. What? You need my driver's license? It didn't say anything on the tag that I needed a driver's license...

I don't carry a purse. I don't carry anything more than I need anywhere I go. When I go shopping, I bring enough money for what I need to buy, any coupons that I might use and that's it. I don't expect to need a driver's license for shopping.

I thought that they kept those certain medications behind the counter because of theft - you know, like cigarettes or lottery tickets. Nowhere was it posted that I needed a driver's license to buy hang tag items, so I pretty much stood in line for twenty minutes for absolutely nothing. Which, in case you can't tell, made me more miserable and cranky. At least for beer and cigarettes, there are signs posted letting the customer know that they need ID to prove you are old enough to buy them. Counter Lady couldn't even give me a reason why I needed my driver's license to buy medicine to keep my head from exploding. When I've picked up prescriptions which one would think would be far more dangerous to people, I've never needed my driver's license, so none of this makes any sense to me.

I am still really angry. Who comes up with this stuff??? Arrrrgh.

On another note, I've seen on quite a few blogs where people can find out who their celebrity look-alikes are. I wanted to try this out and well, evidently I don't have a celebrity look-alike because evidently I don't have a face. The program couldn't find a face in any of the pictures I uploaded. Pictures of just my face.

Meh.

No comments: