Friday, May 1, 2009

Busy

It's been a busy week - I can't believe it's Friday already...

With the weather finally breaking, my list of Things to Do has quadrupled. Not that I'm complaining. Most of the things on my list are things that I like/want to do. I just need more time to do them :)

I started getting my garden ready for planting. Hopefully I'll get my lettuce and peas in next week. I'm also thinking that the raspberries I pulled out are going to haunt me for a long time to come. They came out relatively easy (prickers notwithstanding), but now I'm seeing little baby plants popping up in undesirable places. I think I'll be pulling them for the rest of the summer. I figure I'll wait another couple of weeks before getting the rest of the garden planted. The weather has been so iffy lately, I don't want to take any chances of a freak frost coming. I hate the idea of losing everything and having to replant - ugh.

I did some other weeding and got some spraying done. I have some exciting plans for sunflowers this year. I hope it's going to look in real life as good as it does in my head.

I got my grass cut for the first time this year and rolled the lawn.

My sister's baby is due very soon and I've been working hard on finishing up the baby quilt for the little princess before she arrives. I am such a procrastinator - I've known the due date for almost nine months and I still wait until the last minute to get this done. Why do I do that???

I have a busy/exciting weekend ahead - or at least it will be if everything goes according to plan. I feel like it's over already - Argh!!!

No comments: