Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Garden Update

I'm not as far along with my garden as I would like to be, but I think I'm still within a good timeframe...








My peas are coming up nicely but something is eating my lettuce. I don't think I'll be getting any lettuce this year :(












I got my tomatoes in today - the rain was kind enough to hold off while I weeded and got the dirt all set. I'm playing it smart this year and only putting six plants in the 4 x 8 bed. Every other year I try to put eight or ten, and by mid summer the plants are so overcrowded it isn't even funny. This year each plant will have plenty of space to produce sweet, luscious fruit - Mmmmm! And pay no attention to the wayward plant on the right - that is a volunteer sunflower that I have plans for. It won't be staying there :)
















Little green berries are appearing on my strawberry plants!

















...and like everyone else - iris' are in bloom!












If the weather cooperates, I am hoping to finish up by this weekend... but if it takes me an extra week, I won't be really upset.

No comments: