Sunday, May 3, 2009

Wreck

It's been a bizarre weekend. A lot got done and a lot didn't.

Saturday morning went great. I was feeling pretty good about friends, relationships - I was feeling pretty good about life in general.

Later on while working on the quilt, I was watching some stupid teen flick on TV.

When my Dad died, someone told me that even after time has passed, things would just come up that would make me really emotional. She wasn't kidding. As a rule, I'm not a super-emotional person. I can cry easily when I get super frustrated, but for the most part I can pretty much hold it together in life situations.

Going back to the movie, the girl's brother died and then there was the usual boy-girl he-likes-me-she-doesn't-like-me-oh-yes-they-do-like-each-other-but-something-is-in-the-way-of-true-love drama going on. I ended up thinking about my Dad and friends and relationships and things that I lost and things that I might lose... I was an emotional wreck for the rest of the day and couldn't stop myself. I've never had that happen before. It was pretty awful.

Today I had the unique experience of untangling a garden hose from the blades of my lawnmower.

No comments: