Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bird Wars Update

I went to the hospital yesterday to visit my sister and brother-in-law and see my new niece - she is absolutely adorable. I have never seen a baby with so much hair before. It's kind of funny because I think it was six months before her brother started getting any hair :)

Everyone is back home now and settling in nicely.

---

On the bird front, I think I've made some progress.

The starlings haven't been back in my hallway since I blocked off any possible nesting places in the rafters. My hallway has been quiet and mess free for the past couple of weeks and it's been nice.

I also think that the starlings have given up trying to nest in my dryer vent. I had taken a piece of hardware cloth and cut it to fit under the vent flap (the starlings used to lift the flap to gain entrance to the inside of the vent) - the screening stopped them from getting any further. It was a pain to keep checking the fitted piece every time I did wash - I was worried about lint building up and starting a fire - so I took it out last week. I haven't seen any birds trying to get in there again.

So yay for me :) All I have to do now is evict the birds that are in the eaves on the front of the house and I will be all set with the bird situation.

It looks like it's supposed to rain the rest of the week, so I'll have to come up with a plan for when the nice weather gets here.

No comments: