Friday, July 24, 2009

Harry Potter

So this week I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. Being an avid Harry Potter fan, I was happy when this was finally released. It was originally supposed to come out the day before my birthday last year, which would have been a nice present - but as my life goes, it didn't.

Without getting into detail, I have to say that the movie was pretty choppy. I think that if you didn't read the book, some of it wouldn't have made sense. As usual they left way too much out, but I still enjoyed it. I loved Jim Broadbent as Slughorn :)

Warner Brothers is making Deathly Hallows into two movies. I'm betting that they are kicking themselves for not doing the two-movie thing earlier. They are going to make a lot more money off of that movie because you know darn well that before the release of the Deathly Hallows Part Two, there will be screenings of part one again. I know it won't bring the ticket sales of the first opening, but it's still going to be a lot of extra revenue they didn't get with the other movies. Order of the Phoenix or Goblet of Fire should have been made into two movies if they were going that route. They left soooooo much out from those books.

Here's hoping that they do the last book justice by splitting it up - they will have a hard time coming up with excuses for leaving anything out!

No comments: