Saturday, July 18, 2009

Job Hunting

So in the past month I've turned down two better-paying jobs. One of the jobs would have given me a $3/hour raise, had a phenomenal schedule and great benefits.

It tears me up inside, because after interviewing, I know that I wouldn't have liked working at either job (it's amazing how job postings leave out so many details of the actual position). I can't help but think about the fact that either salary would have been such a relief to my bank account.

Only once have I had a job that I truly hated. I never want to go down that road again, so I am looking for all the red flags ahead of time.

Why is it so difficult for a reasonably intelligent, dependable, hard-working person to find a job they like at a good rate of pay?

...and so the hunt continues.

No comments: