Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Future Mess

When I woke up this morning, there was about a foot of snow on the ground.

When I got home from work, it was was up to almost two feet.

My tractor did an admiral job of clearing it out of my driveway 

The patches on the hoses are leaking a bit, but they held good enough to get the job done. (hopefully they will hold for the season!)

I’m dreading to see what my yard is going to look like come springtime…  With the blade on the tractor, you can’t let it “ride” on top of the driveway – that is going up and down over the grade of the ground… you have to set a height and go with it.  Unfortunately, either my driveway is very uneven or the three-point hitch isn’t level – either way, I’ve been digging up a lot of dirt, stone and grass.

Whatever mess there is tho’, it will be worth cleaning up as long as I don’t have to shovel for the rest of the winter  laughing

When the weather gets warmer, I’ll have to see if there is a way to adjust the level-ness of the blade.  Until then, I’m going to try to minimize the mess as much as I can…   rolleyes

No comments: