Sunday, October 7, 2007

Fireworks

One of the things I love about Geocaching is the fact that it brings me to so many places that are practically in my backyard that I never knew existed. Fall is my favorite time to go caching, too - I love everything about it... the temperature, the color of the leaves, no bugs, better satellite reception :P

The leaves are just beginning to change around here, and Sadie was going home today. How could I pass the chance for a little caching on the way? Sadie and I visited a few new places before she got dropped off. I was introduced to some really fantastic hiking trails that I never would have guessed existed where they are. I wish it was fall all year 'round...






































As I was unpacking and cleaning up from my day of adventure, I thought I heard gunshots. I'm not a hunter, but even I know that it's way too early for hunting season. And I'm reasonably sure that people aren't supposed to hunt when it's dark out either. When I went outside to see what was going on, I was treated to a very nice fireworks display.
I never thought of Columbus Day as a fireworks weekend, but I guess my neighbors across the street do... Personal fireworks are illegal here, so I don't know how they got away with it, but it was still fun to watch!

No comments: