Friday, October 19, 2007

Ladybugs

Today my ego took a bit of a bruising. Think gym class in elementary school. 'Nuf said. I'll get over it :)

Today is the third day in a row I am kicking myself for not carrying my camera around with me. This fall has been really wonderful so far. Every morning on my way to work this week, I have driven by some absolutely fantastic photo ops. I found myself slowing down to find a place to pull over before I had to remind myself not to bother because I didn't have my camera with me. Stupid me. And you know that I'll never be able to get those shots again :(

I'm thinking that the permanent onset of cold weather can't be too far off. The ladybugs are making their move and are infiltrating everyone's house for their winter hibernation. They don't bother me too much, but they are driving my sister nuts. I've tried telling her that they don't bite or hurt anything. They are just looking for a protected place for the winter. She doesn't care - she just wants to get rid of them. I tell her that she'll be sorry when her garden is attacked by aphids and the like next year because there won't be any ladybugs around to eat them.

I have a lot of things I need to get done around the house before winter really gets here. I hope the ladybugs take a long time getting ready for their winter's nap...

No comments: