Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Groove

Did you ever fall into that groove where things start to fall into place? Even when some things aren't doing good at all, other parts just go your way. I've been shopping around for some things that I needed to buy for the house and I really didn't think that I would be happy with anything that I could afford. You know how it is - everything you like is *just* out of your price range... yeah. However, I've really managed to really score on some important things. A good price for things I really love - yay! Also, projects are starting to move along - big and small. Soon, I'll *really* be able to make some headway on some pretty cool things I have planned around the house. I'm chomping at the bit to get working - but it's looking like I'll have to wait at least another week or two before I can really get going. I'm feeling giddy just thinking about it :)

And I heard that the Steelers won the Superbowl. A few people I know are pretty happy about that. Me - it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I used to video tape the Superbowl every year. Not to watch the game - but to watch the commercials :) Thanks to the wonderful invention of YouTube, I don't have to bother anymore. Plus it's a lot easier to watch the commercials without have to fast forward through a lot of stuff I couldn't care less about.

I've been pretty disappointed in the Superbowl commercials the last bunch of years. You would think that for what the sponsors pay to air their commercials, that at least 90% of the commercials would blow everyone out the water. It seems like we're lucky if two or three of the commercials are memorable. Today at work, I was asking people what their favorite Superbowl commercial was. Everyone I asked could describe their favorite. Not one person could tell me what product/company was being advertised - except for the people who liked the Doritos commercial. That's a pretty sad commentary for the people who are writing these commercials. Isn't the idea to make people remember your product so they will buy it? Go figure.

And no one mentioned any Budweiser commercials as their favorite. I've always liked them the best. They always make me cry. Except the last year or two, they seem to be making a couple that are on the crude side. I don't like those.

I haven't had the chance to watch all the commercials yet, but so far a Doritos one is my favorite (this may change as I see more):



No comments: