Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Brrrrrrrrrr!

As a rule, I really don't mind the cold. I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as bad weather - just dressing badly for the weather. The weather we've been having over the past few days, however, is getting a bit ridiculous. The high temperature Monday was 20 degrees. The wind chill was 6 degrees. I follow the wind chill. That means it was 34 degrees below freezing yesterday. That is freakin' cold. I want someone to explain the whole Global Warming thing to me again. Please.

On a warmer note - due to connections I have, I was able to watch the auditions to join the Buffalo Comedy Sportz team that was held Monday night. Being the first open audition in something like four years, the turnout was great. What a lot of fun it was to see so many talented people show off their stuff. The group is really good to begin with - I can't wait to see the new dynamics with new people on board. For any local folk looking for a fun, family-friendly evening, the Comedy Sportz team has a show every Sunday night at the Riviera Theater in North Tonawanda.

Going back to the cold again... I am surprised at how well the chickens seem to be handling the extreme weather. I suppose that in the grand scheme of things, wild birds are pretty much equipped to handle bad weather, so I guess that the chickens should also be able to. I just never really thought about it before - or had to worry about it. I keep checking on them as often as I can, and so far they seem to be doing just fine. I just can't wait until it gets back up into the 40's again. Brrrrrrrr!

No comments: