Friday, January 25, 2008

Congratulations!

Congratulations to Lockport Memorial Hospital for winning an $800,000 MRI machine! What a great asset it will be to the area - that's one expensive piece of equipment! I really didn't think that they were going to win. I was voting pretty regularly and while they were always in second place, they seemed pretty far from first. I was really happy when I heard they won :)

Yesterday I was treated to a bit of a shopping spree - if a new outfit constitutes a shopping spree, that is. (It does to me) Evidently I dress frumpy. I say that I dress comfortable. Anyway, anyone who knows me, knows that I really, really don't like to shop. And while others may delight in the thought of shopping, I cringe. To me, the 'shopping spree' was not fun by any stretch of the imagination. I still don't know how I got talked into it. How can anyone think that spending gobs of time trying on clothes - most of which were very uncomfortable and didn't fit - is a good time? I just don't understand. At any rate, tomorrow I get to don my new finery at a Killer Bunnies game. I can't wait to see how I am going to survive in apparel I can't breath in. Maybe it's a strategy: If I can't concentrate, I will lose the game... I don't know. All I have to say is, I had better not hear the word 'frumpy' from anyone.

And switching gears, I can't help but laugh every time I hear someone talking about this rebate check that everyone is supposed to be getting from the government... There is no bill in Congress for it, so the rebate doesn't even exist yet. However, everyone is asking "Where's my check?". I wish the media would stop talking about it until it is a reality. For any updates, www.irs.gov will be the place to check.

InstaPundit posted this commercial... I haven't seen it on TV yet, but I really like it a lot.

No comments: