Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bullets

  • I went to a funeral on Monday. I have a lot of fond memories of Mrs. S. I have regrets that I didn't visit as often as I should have/wanted to.
  • I haven't seen anything in the news about this, but have seen it around the blogosphere: Pope Benedict un-excommunicated four renegade bishops which John Paul II had excommunicated. One was Richard Williamson, who doesn't believe that almost 6 million people were killed in the Holocaust. I can't believe that someone who denies the horror of what happened could be allowed to have such a high any post in the Catholic church. I've been to Auschwitz Birkenau. Even with the place empty, you can *feel* terrible things happened there. Anyone who doesn't believe in the atrocities that happened has no business preaching peace and word of God. This is also the same guy who said that The Sound of Music is "soul-rotting slush" and doesn't think that women should wear pants or shorts. The decision by the Pope doesn't give me much confidence in his judgement.
  • How am I supposed to feel when I see someone who hasn't been having very good luck lately and I decide to spend money that I don't have to get that someone something that I know will make them happy and cheer them up... And the first thing they say after how much they love the gift is to ask if I would be mad if they gave it away?
  • And then there are some people that you just shouldn't try to help out. I don't want to say "I told you so" because that means that the very awful thing that I was trying to prevent has happened. But it will.
  • It's not looking good for Dad.

No comments: