Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ouch

Last week my Uncle came over to help me with a house project (have I ever mentioned that I have the best Uncle in the world?). As I was working, stuff was getting in my eyes. My Uncle said that I should probably be wearing safety goggles. I agreed.

Fast forward a week. Yesterday to be exact. I was continuing work on the same project. Not wearing any safety goggles. Raise your hand if you know what happened.

Yeah. I got something in my eye and I couldn't get it out. I was in agony all day. Eyewashes didn't help. Visine didn't help. I couldn't even see anything in there that I could try and pick out. I don't know how doctors remove stuff from an eye that you can't see and I was really afraid that I was going to find out. Fortunately, whatever was in there worked it's way out overnight. My eye was pretty crusty this morning and is still sore, but at least I can see without pain. Yay!

My Dad was moved to another facility and we went yesterday to visit (driving while it's snowing is *not* fun when one of your eyeballs isn't working!). He is not a happy camper. I feel horrible that he can't be home, but there is no way he can come home until he is well. He really needs to concentrate on getting better and not being miserable because he's not home. I wish so much that I could make everything better.

Well, back to work on the house. With my safety goggles on.

No comments: