Saturday, February 21, 2009

Crock Pot Experiment #2



Encouraged by my first try at using a crock pot, I decided to try something else... Potato Soup!

This project was a bit more work than the chili. This time, instead of just dumping everything into the pot, I actually had to peel, cut up and cook the potatoes first. For most people, this isn't a big deal, but to a non-cook it was quite the process :) Maybe next time I could try using the canned potatoes... those are already peeled and pre-cooked, right?

I ended up substituting the cream of chicken soup with some chicken-flavored bouillon and skipping the onion, but otherwise I followed the recipe. I imagine that this could easily be made without a crock pot too, but I have one now, so I'm going to use it :P

I'm happy to report that the potato soup gets two thumbs up! I liked it a lot and the four other people I shared it with also thought it turned out terrific.

I froze some, and the rest is almost gone. That's saying a lot, because it was 4 quarts of soup and it's only been three days :)

No comments: