Friday, February 6, 2009

Crock

Let me start by saying that I am not a cook by any stretch of the imagination. I can make good cookies and good brownies, but when it comes to 'real' food, the microwave is my best friend. Whenever I've tried to cook a real meal using a cook book and the oven, the thing I try to make just never turns out right. One can only take so many failures before totally giving up :)

That being said, I received an email this past week with this link to a bazillion crock pot recipes. As I quickly perused them out of curiosity, I became more and more intrigued. A lot of them looked *really* good!

The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to try some crock pot recipes. Most of them look easy enough that even I can't mess them up. If I like them, they could be an easy way for me to make my dinners and lunches. They might even be healthier than the add-water-milk-and-butter stuff out of the box.

So this week I bought myself a crockpot.

This weekend I am going to try a recipe. I'm not sure which one yet - I have it narrowed down to a couple, tho'.

We'll see how it goes.

Wish me luck :)

On a side note, I'm watching They Wait right now, which I taped off the Sci-fi channel a while ago. I like scary ghost stories, and this one is really good so far. I think it's the best one I've seen since The Grudge 2 - which was really good.

No comments: