Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Invisible

Do you ever have days when you feel invisible? No one listens to anything you say on those days...

Me: "Just to let you know, I've taken care of XYZ."

10 minutes later...

Someone Else: "Has anyone taken care of XYZ?"

---

Someone Else #1: "Who takes care of entering XYZ?"

Me: "It's not done by our department."

Someone Else #1: "Someone in your department takes care of entering XYZ - who does it?"

Me: "We don't do that."

Someone Else #1: "Who in your department enters XYZ?"

Someone Else #2 (not from my department): "I do that."

---

Me: "You know, I think XYZ would be a great idea."

Two hours later...

Someone Else: "Hey, don't you think XYZ would be a really good idea?"


Some days I wonder why I even get out of bed. ~sigh~



I am also suffering the wrath of the evicted starlings. I've sealed off the areas in my hallway where the birds want to nest, but they are still hanging around. They've decided to take revenge on the Jillmobile. Keep in mind that my truck was *not* parked under any trees. Pure spite is the only reasonable explanation for seeing this in the morning:



In case you can't pick out all the love they shared with me...



On the bright side, I've finished my brooder. I just need to pick up some bedding and I will be all set for when the baby chicks arrive next month.

No comments: