Friday, July 2, 2010

Balance

I have been very busy – I really need more hours in the day…

I have lots of things I want to write about… the adventures of a broody chicken, the antics and hijinks of the rest of The Ladies , an update on my garden (it’s doing good!), the new baby robins that have hatched and will be ready to leave the nest soon, working hard at stuff for the farmers’ market, working on some projects around the house, putting up with more stupid drivers…

But I don’t want to write about that today.  I want to write about balance.

I thought that the older a person gets, the easier it gets to deal with what to say compared to what you want to say, easier to decide what you should do compared to what you want to do, easier to determine what is a good idea and what is a bad idea – and saying ‘no’ to what you know is a bad idea, but still have to go through the motions for polite society (unless there is a diplomatic way out to be found)… 

It doesn’t.

Not only doesn’t it not get easier, it all seems to pile up higher and faster.

How does one balance all this and not go crazy or get an ulcer?

Is it like this for everyone or just me?

Realistically speaking, I know I don’t have things as bad as a lot of other people – I have a relatively small circle compared to others, but still – that circle can sure cause a bit of stress.  I’ve been lucky in that I’ve been able to escape the tides of drama for quite a while, but it seems like a tidal wave has descended on me and there seems to be a gazillion issues to deal with at the same time.  Ugh.

I know I’ll get through it all, but I wish there was a trick or formula to balance everything out quickly and painlessly for all involved – especially me.

No comments: