Thursday, July 22, 2010

Socks

As I may have mentioned before, I am not a big fan of shopping.  It might even be said that I dislike despise hate shopping (except for Home Depot – LOVE Home Depot  )

Out of all the kinds of shopping that one can do, I think that clothes shopping is my least favorite.  The whole process of finding something I like and then hoping I can find it in my size… and even if they have it in my size, there is still only a 50/50 chance that it really fits.  And when it doesn’t, then you have to look some more and try on some more.  Ugh.  I’m tired just writing about it.  And even when I do find something I like and it fits, I don’t get any huge thrill out of wearing new clothes - not like getting a pile of 2 x 4’s or a new drill… now that’s fun!

But as with most rules, there are exceptions and there is an exception to my dislike of clothes shopping:  Socks.

Nothing feels so nice as putting on a brand new pair of clean, fluffy socks.

I wish I could afford to wear new socks every day.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

why is it that guy's stuff is pretty much standard sized while women's stuff is not?
How I would LOVE to buy pants like the hubs can...
Even shirts are easier!

I always had to try on things before, but that's blown into full-on crying fits because everything looks like a tent.

And I envy your ability to wear socks... any/all socks now make my ankles swell up :(