Saturday, July 31, 2010

This ‘n That Saturday

Not a whole lot going on this week at all. I’ve been mostly working outside, taking advantage of our gorgeous summer this year - I only have boring things to blog about…

Fire - good!


  • I came home one day this week to find a couple of Mama turkeys and their broods hanging around the chicken coop. I wish they weren’t so shy and had waited around until I could get my camera and take some pictures…

  • I am sooo happy with my garden this year. Right now seems to be cucumber season – I’ve been picking tons of the beauties. I’ve given away over a dozen and I still have bunches…
Cucumbers!
I’ve made a bunch of bread and butter pickles and have been eating a lot of creamed cucumber slices. I was going to make some cucumber sandwiches, but when I found the cream cheese in the back of the drawer in my refrigerator was dated November 2009, I put that idea on hold until I go grocery shopping…

  • I’m glad I didn’t tear out my green bean plants – they put out a ton of new flowers and I’ve been picking beans left and right. I’ve frozen a ton for the winter and hope to freeze a whole bunch more. What a difference when there aren’t any Evil Baby Bunny Rabbits eating the stuff in my garden!

  • I’m trying something new – someone told me that Brussels sprouts are easy to grow… my Mom likes Brussels sprouts, so I put in some seeds in some of the bare areas I have around my strawberry plants and around my watermelon plants. We’ll see what happens…

  • I don’t know why I didn’t notice earlier, but I had a pumpkin plant mixed in where I put my watermelons…
Uh oh...
Pretty obvious, huh? They’ve pretty much filled in the bed since this picture was taken. They aren’t producing anything, but they are keeping the weeds down in the bed,so I’m happy with that.

  • The inspection for the Jillmobile is due. I have an appointment to get it done this week, but who knows how far it will get. I’m having ‘Check Engine’ light issues, which are always a pain and expensive, plus my ‘Service 4-Wheel Drive’ light went on. I am not anxious to find out how much this is going to cost me and how long it’s going to take to fix. Not having a second vehicle, I have to rent a car every day my truck is in the shop sigh3

  • On the brighter side of things - I’m not a huge fan of Geico, but I do enjoy some of their commercials. I like Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel and couldn’t help but laugh at these – I thought they were great!

 
 

And then there was this one that I couldn’t embed – it’s short and definitely funny! I’ll bet the Hillstrands never saw insurance commercials in their future when they signed on to their TV show laughing
...the money you could have saved...

No comments: