Saturday, July 10, 2010

Eureka and Co.

With the weather being so great so far this spring/summer, I haven’t been watching as much TV as I usually do – I’ve been more selective about what I’ve been watching…

  • I’ve always like Eureka – I like the cast a lot (although I think that Jordan Hinson (Zoe) made a big mistake leaving the show) and I think that the story line is different from anything else that is out there. I caught the season premier of Eureka last night and thought it was great – I think that this season is going to be the best one yet.

  • A new series started yesterday – Haven. It’s airing on SyFy, Bravo and USA, which I found kind of odd. Maybe other shows do that too, but I just never noticed… The previews looked really good, but the pilot didn’t impress me. I love Stephen King-type stuff, so I thought this would be really good. I’ll give it a couple more episodes, but if it doesn’t pick up, I’m going to leave this one by the wayside.

  • I’m behind on the Doctor Who episodes, but I’ve watched enough to know that Matt Smith can’t touch David Tennant with a ten-foot pole as The Doctor. I think Matt Smith is trying too hard or something… he’s just “off” to me somehow shrug I do like Amy Pond tho’ - she makes a good companion for The Doctor – and not annoying like Donna Noble was… she was like nails on a chalkboard to me…

  • Ice Road Truckers is always entertaining. Living near the perceived Snow-Capital of the world, it’s fun watching these guys – and lady – driving under less-than-ideal road conditions laughing Since they moved to trucking in Alaska, I can’t say that I can count any of the new people in with my favorites Alex (he looks sooo different without his beard!) and Hugh, except for Lisa – I want to see her do good…

  • This is a very sad season for Deadliest Catch. I’m going to miss Phil – he was my favorite

That’s about it for my must-watch TV, at least until the weather won’t let me work outside anymore… Other shows I’ll watch if I do have the time are Top Chef, Warehouse 13 and whatever Housewives of ______ County is on (Except Atlanta – that is the worst out of the bunch. Way too much much in-your-face yelling and arguing for me).

I think this is officially my post with the most number of hyperlinks in it.

2 comments:

Nic said...

Matt Smith is a truly great Doctor!

Jill said...

@ Nic - We're going to have to agree to disagree on that :)