Friday, July 16, 2010

This ‘n That Friday

  • Well, Cocoa was a bit put-out when I wouldn’t let her back in the coop at the end of the night.  It will be interesting to see what kind of mood she’s going to be in tomorrow  laughing

Dumbfounded Chicken

 

  • As I mentioned earlier, I am really liking this season of Eureka.  After watching tonight’s episode,  I was trying to place where I’ve seen the guy playing Dr. Trevor Grant…  He seemed so familiar, but yet not – I just couldn’t put my finger on it, so I looked it up.  It’s James Callis – the same guy that played Gaius Baltar on Battlestar Galactica!  It’s so weird hearing someone talk in an accent that you aren’t used to hearing them with  laughing   He’s a great addition to the show.

Dr. Gaius Baltar - Battlestar Galactica    Dr. Trevor Grant - Eureka

 

  • So I never got around to mentioning it, but a couple of weeks ago I made another trip to the Buffalo ReUse store to pick up some used brick for another project around the house.  The same brick that cost 65¢ a piece at Home Depot, I got for 25¢ each – quite a savings when getting 100 bricks!  While I was in the area, I decided to check out the Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore.  It’s along the same lines as Buffalo ReUse, but it is definitely smaller and I didn’t see any outside/yard stuff there.  I did score on a set of hinges I’ve been looking for tho’!

 

  • Who do you write like?   If you paste a sample of your writing to the ‘I Write Like’ site, it  will analyze your word choice and writing style and compares them with those of the famous writers.  I tried it three times, submitting three different blog entries - I got this answer twice…
I write like
Stephen King

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

          and this answer once…

I write like
Douglas Adams

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

          I can live with that!  (ht to Jennifer)

No comments: