Monday, July 5, 2010

Bandit

For the past few weeks I’ve had something messing with the stuff in my hallway.

As I may or may have mentioned before with my (solved!) starling problem, my hallway is open and there really isn’t a practical way of closing it off at all..

I had a couple of suspects in minds, but I was pretty sure what the culprit was.  I set out a trap Saturday night to see if I could catch the bugger…  this morning this is what I woke up to:

Guilty!

I was right.  sigh3 

Raccoons are not good to have around when you have chickens.  Raccoons like to kill chickens just for fun.

I reset the trap to see if there are any more hanging around.  I really hope not.

 

Oh – and for the record, this guy got relocated to a nature park about ten miles from my house.  Hopefully he will be happy there and not try to come back.  And he (she?) was HEAVY!

3 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh...poor little guy he does not know better. Right????
Glad you caught him and moved him away.
Glad your July 4th was good too.
Take care, Suz

stephanie said...

awwww, but those sad eyes!!!

Jill said...

@ Suz - I'm not so sure if he knows better or not - I could almost see the wheels turning in his head... I don't think he was sorry for what he did - I think that he was just sorry he got caught!

@ Stephanie - Yeah, but what you don't see in the picture are those destructive little fingers :P