Monday, October 27, 2008

Rushing the Season

Last week I went into Home Depot to pick up a new drill bit (why does it always seem that I only misplace the bits that I have only *one* of???). It shouldn't have surprised me, but I guess I wasn't thinking about it at all. It just hit me in the face: Christmas. The whole front part of the store was totally decked out in Home Depot's finest Christmas attire. Fully decorated and lit trees, lights, extension cords, timers... you name it - even the handy-dandy Extendo-arm light hanging kits. I like Christmas just as much as the next person, but the fact that stores extend the season earlier and earlier every year makes me sick of the holiday before it even gets here. I mentioned this to one of my co-workers, and she said that a bunch of the stores she shops at have had their Christmas stuff out for a while already. Ugh. I really long for the days when Christmas stuff didn't come out until after Thanksgiving. I'm just really glad I haven't heard any Christmas music playing in the stores yet.

I also want to share a really poignant post from BUFFALOg... it gives you something to think about before going to the polls next month.

No comments: