Monday, June 22, 2009

Stuff

So today I replaced the gas line and fuel filter on my lawn mower. The gas line had deteriorated and was leaking gas, so it had to be done. I thought for sure that it was going to take forever, it would be really hard to take apart and put back together and just be an all-around pain in the butt. It turned out to be one of the easiest repairs that I have ever done. And the fuel filter must have been really dirty (I haven't opened up the old one yet to look inside), because I was amazed at how smooth the engine ran after putting in the new one. For $5.86, I made my lawnmower very happy.

I think some of my chickens are beginning to enter adolescence... their voices are starting to change :) Since I've gotten them, that's all they do is Peep. Peep peep peep peep peep peep peep. Now a couple of them aren't peeping. They aren't quite clucking, but they aren't peeping either. It's kind of funny.

Don't you find it quite annoying when people think you can work miracles? You tell them that you can't, but they still insist that you can. And then when said miracle doesn't happen, you look like the bad guy? Ugh.

And a couple of things that I have mixed feelings on:

Snow Park Niagara

Because we only have cold, snowy weather eight months out of the year? Heaven forbid the other four months feel left out... But you know what? It looks like fun :) I think that when I have out of town friends visit, I might go.

I thought it was interesting tho', that you have to pay even if you only want to watch. Kind of sucky for grandparents just want to watch the grandkids or something like that...


And then there is Body Worlds

My family wants to go see this when it come to Buffalo Museum of Science in July. At first I thought it would be a lot of fun - until I saw the price of admission. And read reviews.

In short, $22 is more than I want to spend ($27 if I decide I want the audio tour) at a very crowded exhibit for two or more hours.

The cost is my complaint. The crowds were a common complaint in the reviews of the exhibit across the country. Most people said that they let too many people in at a time, and it was hard to enjoy the displays. I could probably put up with the crowds if it weren't so expensive to get in.

I guess there is a lot of controversy over the exhibit, too - religious and moral. I wonder if there will be any protests on opening day.

Most people said the exhibit was good. I've been to the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia - which I very much enjoyed. I think that this is similar/along the same lines . I *know* the Mutter Museum wasn't that expensive to get in!

I don't know yet if I'm going to go. Probably not, but you never know.

No comments: