Sunday, October 4, 2009

Blue

I can't believe my nephew is two years old this weekend. It seems like he's been in the family forever :) Happy Birthday JJ!

Do you see all the blue frosting? The blue doesn't come off. What are the cake-making people thinking when they use that stuff? Is there no blue frosting around that doesn't stain? I don't even want to think about what all of our insides looked like after eating that cake - I was never a fan of the Smurfs. I'm betting next year he's getting a white cake :)

Friday I hit a dozen eggs from my chickens. I was getting two a day for a couple of days, but then production went back down to one a day. Today I got two eggs again...


My sister has ten chickens from the batch we ordered, and she just got her first egg yesterday. Unfortunately it wasn't laid in a safe place and it was trampled - she wasn't too happy about that :(

On another bird-related note, the Blues Brothers is one of my most favorite movies. No matter how bad a day I've had or how crappy things are, this movie can never fail to have me bouncing and singing to it's music. Evidently I'm not the only one - this video is great!





No comments: