Monday, February 22, 2010

On the Road

If you’re driving on the Thruway or there are two lanes going in the same direction – don’t drive in the left lane unless you are passing cars to your right.

If you aren’t at least going the speed limit (in normal weather), don’t pull out in front of me.

Don’t speed up to pull in front of me and then slow down.

If you are afraid to pass a big rig, get behind it – don’t drive next to it and stop everyone else from passing.

No matter how smart and/or coordinated you think you are – you’re not.  Don’t talk on your cell phone while driving.

If one of your headlights is out, don’t drive with your hi-beams on to make up for it.

If I am nice enough to let you in/let you out/let you cut in front of me, would it kill you to give a courtesy wave?

Don’t come zooming up the left lane and then slow down right next to me and drive the exact same speed I am.  Not only is it annoying to me, you’re blocking up all the traffic behind you.

There’s a device built in your vehicle - usually on the steering column - that’s used to indicate your intentions to drivers around you.  It’s call a turn signal.  Use it.

Before Driving…

Take the five minutes to brush the snow off your car before getting on the road.  That includes your side view mirrors.

If you’re replacing your headlights, don’t install the super-white bulbs.  I don’t know how manufacturers think that they could possibly make the roads safer when they blind on-coming traffic.

Why?

Why do you squeeze in front of me when there is only a car length or two between me and the vehicle in front of me and noooooooooobody behind me?

Egads people.

(not you who are reading this – I’m talking about those other people out there)

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I am SO glad you mentioned peel-out-in-front-of-you-slow-down-right-away-no-one-behind-you guy.

FB seems to be abuzz with bad drivers today too...

I dislike those drivers who are driving in the far right lane (when there are 2+ lanes to the left) and then proceed to play "Flying Eagles" with merging traffic.
Really, who are they trying to impress? The people who are driving in the exit only lane right up to the slanted lines and then act as if it's their right to merge into non-exit-only-traffic?

*ggrrrooowwwllll*