Wednesday, September 23, 2009

First :(

We all like to be first in stuff. First prize at the fair. First place in a race. First or top of your class. Well lucky me - I get to live in the county that is first in the annual ranking of highest taxed counties. Oh joy. My money problems are bad enough - I don't need any help.

---

I record a lot of stuff on TV - usually movies that I want to see eventually. Often, quite a while passes before I actually sit down and watch the show. That was the case with the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I've never read the book, but loving most things sci-fi, I wanted to see it. The SciFi (now SyFy) channel had it on a while ago (months ago?) and I finally got around to watching it.

I can say that I will probably never read the book - I didn't really like the movie... the whole story/plot was just a bit too weird for me. However, there was one part of the movie that grabbed my imagination: At one point a really cool gun was used - if you were hit by the gun's beam, you would see the point-of-view of the shooter. Wouldn't it be great if something like that existed in real life? Not only to have other people to see my point-of-view, but for me to see theirs as well. Can you imagine how different the world would be if everyone had one of those guns? I wonder if it would be better or worse? As much as I would like to say it would make the world a better place, I could see it going either way...

And I knew that the voice of Marvin was Alan Rickman. The IMDb is one the internet's greatest inventions - I use it all the time. I sleep better at night because I don't stay awake wondering about stuff that shouldn't be keeping me awake :)

No comments: