Thursday, April 8, 2010

This ‘n That Thursday

  • The Ladies’ pen makeover was a definite success – the rain we had this week was a perfect test.   I couldn’t be happier with the results 

 

  • During the course of the past couple of weeks, I’ve seen quite a few dead things on the side of the road:  a couple of cats, deer, possum, skunk… but the oddest thing was a huge fish.  Don’t ask – I have no idea 

 

  • Ridge Road Express school bus drivers are the best in the world.  I am so happy that they are my area, and if I had kids, I would not have any qualms about them riding the bus (unlike some other school buses – which make me fear for my life….).  Ridge Road Express drivers are not only very safe drivers, but they are very courteous to other people on the road.  I wish all school bus drivers were trained like Ridge Road Express Drivers.

 

  • I refuse to turn my furnace back on 

 

  • It looks like my Bird Wars this year may have ended before they have begun…  There is evidence of the starlings’ advanced troops scouting out my hallway already, but so far they haven’t been able to penetrate the defenses I put into place last year.  Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned…

 

  • I lost my favorite players on Survivor and The Amazing Race…  I really hated to see Boston Rob go , along with Jeff and Jordan – even tho’ I don’t think that Jordan was really into the race anymore.  I was happy to see the Cowboys make a comeback.

 

  • People shouldn’t be allowed to drive with their pet in their lap.  Oh wait – they aren’t… 

 

  • Finally - Today my daffodils and tulips started opening up! 

Daffodil     Tulips

  • Unfortunately, so did my dandelions 

Dandelion

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Even though it's only been 2 days, now I will have to check my tulips.