Sunday, November 11, 2007

Busy

This weekend has been a busy one at El Casa Jill. I got stuck on the big project I really wanted to get done this weekend. While I am waiting for some advice so that I can finish that job, I got around to tackling about fifty others that I have been putting off since I hurt my back. My back is definitely sore and stiff, but it's not hurting anywhere near as much as did since before I switched jobs. That is very encouraging from my point of view :)

I've discovered over the past couple of weeks that chickens must molt their feathers at this time of year. I have to laugh at my rooster because normally he is a pretty handsome bird. I'll have to post a picture when I get a chance... He's a pretty light brown color with big manly white tail feathers that show everyone he is boss of his chicken coop. About a week ago, his big manly tail feathers fell out. He looks so funny now with these little stubby feathers sticking out his backside. I wonder how long it's going to take to grow back. Anyway, when I was cleaning out the coop yesterday, I couldn't believe how many feathers there were all over the place. I'll bet I could have filled a pillow with them. OK, maybe not that many, but there was a lot. I guess that when the hens molt, it's not so noticeable as with the rooster.

And my question for the day: Has anyone ever done a serious study on the Balance of the Universe? I want to know if it is true that for every good thing that happens, a bad one has to occur to even things out. I would love to see a study that says that isn't so.

No comments: