Saturday, November 17, 2007

Grass

So, it's a crisp mid-November day. It's 36 degrees outside. There is a little bit of snow falling from the sky. Naturally, I brought out the lawnmower and cut the grass. Actually, I've been wanting to get the grass cut one last time before winter really set in, so I took advantage of the time I had and the relatively decent weather. I didn't get it all done, but I got the parts done that really needed it. The grass should be good now until spring.

My nephew is now batting .600 in the fussy/non-fussy category. As of today, the non-fussy side is winning. The little guy is definitely getting bigger and his hair is really starting to grow in. When he isn't crying, he really is cute.

My Mom (or should I be calling her Grandma?) is really funny when it comes to the baby. The digital camera and video camera are both constantly out. And she is has taken to conveniently leaving little photo albums and envelopes of pictures lying about the house for us to 'notice'. My Dad is just happy to be holding him or having him in sight. As long as he isn't crying. :D

The Jillmobile hit 125125 miles today.

I took some pictures today after cleaning out the chicken coop. I also dug through my summer chicken pictures. Now you can see how funny my rooster looks without his manly tail feathers.

Before
(very manly)


Now
(not so much)


It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the tail to grow back in. I've noticed that some of the hens are a little scraggly looking, too. It just seems like such a weird time of year for any animal to be losing it's insulation. You'd think that the chickens would be growing extra feathers to help keep them warm in the colder weather. I dunno.

No comments: